It’s finally springtime, and you know what that means… Spring cleaning! Yeah, I know, most of us dread this, but it is a necessary evil. Thankfully, there are some main jobs to focus on. Check out my list below to see how to prepare your home best for the new season:
1) Donate/Consign. I’m sure, just like me, you have a ton of extra clothes or knick knacks lying around that you don’t even use anymore. If you want to really clear out some extra space, go through all the stuff in your closet and separate it into three categories–TRASH, DONATE, and SELL. Then take a trip to your local Goodwill or consignment store and get rid of that stuff!
2) Window washing. This really is a dreaded task that should be completed in the spring. Make sure you have the right supplies: a squeegee, microfiber cloth, etc., and clean away!
3) Clean out your gutters. Unless you live in a tree-less area, you probably have a ton of leaves and debris in the gutters along your home’s roof. Clogged gutters are actually more than just a hassle to clean; they can do serious damage to your roof, including leaks during heavy rain. Services like roofers kansas city will be happy to fix these leaks, but you should always try and take preventative methods from doing damage to your roof by cleaning out your gutters; it’s a simple task that ultimately must be done for your home!
Set aside a few hours for gutter cleaning, to get up on the ladder and clean it out so that April showers can run smoothly down your gutters! It can help save you from a bunch of heartache and issues later on. If it is very blocked, you may also want to get in touch with a Gutter Guard Company that provides a way to help keep your gutters clean.
4) Deep clean your carpets. Isn’t the idea of a freshly cleaned carpet, windows open, and a spring breeze just wonderful? You can either hire professional cleaners or just rent a machine yourself at your local Home Depot or Lowe’s.
5) Freshen up paint. Whether you decide to just touch up with the same color or go for a new look altogether, you should freshen those dingy places in your home that need some TLC!
6) Spruce up your entrance. Repaint the front door, add some beautiful flowers, and sweep off the old porch to achieve a lovely entrance to your home!
7) Weather stripping. With springtime rain coming through, it’s important to apply weather stripping to windows and doors in your house to prevent any kind of water or moisture from seeping through cracks.
8) Clean your fireplace. As it is finally time to stop lighting the fireplace for at least another 8 months or so, take this time to get a chimney sweep and clean all the soot from your fireplace.
Hope everyone has a very happy spring! Check out www.OnMain.com for more tips on home improvement!